Considering they one of my favourite things to bake, I can’t quite believe that I’ve never included a cookie recipie on Musings & More. When in New York, I had an incredible M&M cookie (see here) that I loved so much that I desperately wanted to recreate. So here’s my attempt for your enjoyment! I’d actually go as far as saying it’s even better than the original as there’s 3x the amount of chocolate (it is me after all)! These babies are so quick to make that you could easily whip up a batch the night before work or when you just fancy something (very) sweet. I went with M&Ms but there are so many different combinations you could make these cookies you’re own: salted caramel, peanut butter cups, smarties…the list is endless. Enjoy!
You will need:
200g of butter
300g caster sugar
1 large egg
275g self-raising flour
75g cocoa powder
A dash of milk
200g of white chocolate
200g of milk chocolate
200g of dark chocolate
133g bag of m&ms of your choosing (I used these ones)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees (fan assisted). Cream the butter and caster sugar together until smooth.
- Crack the egg into the same bowl then add in the flour and cocoa powder and mix all together.
- Break up all the chocolate bars into chunks then pop into your mixture and stir.
- Once everything is combined, line as many baking trays as you need with baking paper and separate the mixture into balls. I got about 14 cookies out of the mixture but you can choose how big or small you want your cookies.
- Pop the m&ms on top of the cookies, digging them in slightly so they don’t fall off during baking.
- Leave the cookies to bake in the oven for 8 minutes. You might worry they don’t look cooked when you get them out but just leave them to cool and you will be left with gooey, chocolatey bites of heaven. Trust me!
If you liked this post, check out the rest of my baking posts here.