I really love reading list posts so this week I decided to have a crack at one of my own. I’m 24, so I’m well aware that I’m not considered ‘old’ but the other day while chatting with a group of friends in WhatsApp, we realised how much of the stuff we do doesn’t actually reflect our supposedly ‘young and carefree age’ and that we were all basically a bunch of Nanas. Which is great cause y’know, Nanas are awesome. And so came about this weeks post. Enjoy and please be sure to add your own in the comments!
- You get excited about going out out but by the time you’re actually there, you’re actually kinda wishing you were back home with your dog and a sharing bag of Maltesers.
- You make the effort to work out when the best time to go to the cinema and other places is so that it won’t be full of other people. *shudders*
- You now bloody love your sleep and relish the chance to be in bed by ten.
- Yes, you did enjoy summer thank you very much but you secretly like autumn even more because blankets and hot chocolate and warmth.
- You look at teenagers “today” and can’t help but your shake your head and judge their clothing, thinking: it wasn’t like that in my day!
- You find yourself tutting when the Christmas bits start popping up in shops. “IT’S SEPTEMBER!”
- You have absolutely no shame in searching out the good stuff in the reduced sale at the end of day in the supermarket. 19p bread? BE MINE. 32p cookies? SCORE.
- You find your tolerance of people is zero. WHY ARE YOU SO ANNOYING? STOP IT.
- You bloody love settling down for a good hour of Grand Designs or Location Location. Why can’t you have all that money?
- You get really excited for homeware shopping. And you don’t really know why but you actually really like shopping for houseplants. They make you feel sophisticated – especially when they don’t die.
- Your nights out with the girls have now been swapped to nights in and that’s fine cause yknow, you can actually hear each other talk.
- You shed your clothes as soon as you get home like some sort of snake and crawl straight into pjs or comfy clothing.
- You’re much more conscious about your health and fitness. No longer can you binge on carbs and stay stick thin. *Sobs.*
- Your first thought when you see it’s a sunny day is: “Ooh perfect weather to hang out some washing!”
- Even though catch up TV exists, you find yourself planning your social life around your TV schedule: “Sorry, I can’t do pilates at 8, it’s Great British Bake Off!”
- Falling asleep on the sofa and afternoon naps are a thing and you don’t know how you ever lived without them.
- You genuinely have to think when someone asks you how you old you are.