Now today’s post is a bit different. Call it an update if you will, but it’s a chatty post of what I’ve been up to lately as well as some recent big news and a special someone I’d like you all to meet! I really enjoy these peaks into people’s lives so I hope you do too.
(From left to right)
4) Matt brought me our first flowers for our home, he knows Lily’s are one of my favourite flowers but loved the look of these strange almost rose-like flowers which we learnt were actually ‘ornamental cabbages.’ They are very different and I can’t save I’ve ever been given cabbages before!
5) We ventured to Manchester for the weekend for some shopping and we literally got ourselves lost in the department store Selfridges! There were so many wonderful things to look at and I was like the heart-eyed emoji in the foodhall, especially when I spotted these sweet little macaroons! I can never justify the price tag though so this ended up being a case of just window shopping unfortunately!
6) Also in Selfridges were these very quirky bags in the shape of lips, ZAP guns and milk cartons! I’m not sure I’d ever be able to pull one off but they are certainly very unique!
7) The highlight of trip had to be getting to see Michael Mcintyre live. I’ve seen him before and he just gets better! We couldn’t stop laughing and were nearly in tears, clutching our sides, it was almost painful! I couldn’t recommend going to see a comedian live more, it’s such a great atmosphere and a great high. I actual prefer it so much more than going to see a band or singer.
8) Don’t you roll your eyes at me! Now Halloween is over and we’re into November, there’s no reason not to start some Christmas shopping. I was thrilled when I found out there was a Homesense in Manchester and dragged Matt in there immediately. If you don’t know, Homesense is like a sister of TK Maxx (or TJ Maxx) and basically features homeware from other stores sold for a discount price. We have always picked up some great bargains from there and them bringing out all the Christmas bits did nothing but make me even more excited!
10) While waiting for Homesense to open, we popped into the huge Lego shop and there were some amazing (and expensive) models to buy! Matt was a big Lego fan when was a child so gazed goggle eyed at all the Star Wars and Minecraft options while I couldn’t help but take a liking to the Simpsons options! What amused us most was this Big Bang Theory set complete with mini characters like Sheldon! What will they think of next?
Now on to the most interesting news…I’d like to introduce you to our new puppy, Luna! She is a dachshund crossed with a jack russell and as you can see, is very tiny! To the point where I keep nearly stepping on her as she’s like a little shadow!
We knew we would want a dog at some point, but never did we know just how soon she would come into our lives. Matt has never had a dog and always wanted one while I’ve grown up around them and adore Alfie, my dad’s dog. Despite agreeing we would look into a dog in the new year, we couldn’t help but browse websites for dogs. We knew we wanted a dachshund as they were the perfect size for our home and suited our lifestyle well. We also had friends who had one (also crossed with a Jack Russell!) and he just seemed absolutely perfect. They named him Neville (Longbottom – get it??). So when a litter of the exact breed came up an hour from where we live, we couldn’t not go take a peak! By the time we got there, there was only one puppy left, a little girl who was actually the one we had been eyeing up since we’d spotted them.
Naturally it was love at first sight and we handed over a deposit over for her, arranging to pick her up a few days later. Those few days were absolutely torture! I was constantly looking at photos of her on my phone and we were both giddy with excitement. Speaking with our friends with Neville the night before, we realised that our two puppies had come from the same breeder and had the same dad, so would therefore be half-siblings! In a way, that sort of sealed the decision for us and felt a little bit like fate if I’m honest.
Finally the day off her arrival into our home came and we sat for hours on the floor with her, in total awe. We were in love with her, completely. She has these huge brown eyes that lock with yours and you just cannot help but melt. We deliberately didn’t tell our families about her and instead coerced them round to our house with excuses such as “our boiler is broken!” “can you help with the loft…?” and when they got there, we would bring her out. I’m so pleased we did this as their faces were a total picture when they saw her and there was plenty of squealing and cuddles all around.
We decided to call her Luna as we loved that it means Moon in latin. It is also short and sweet and Matt doesn’t get embarrassed about having to call it out in public! I must admit I do enjoy that she’s also a Harry Potter character! She has settled extremely well into our home and day by day gets more confident (and naughty!). Being so young, she is quite clingy and much prefers sleeping on you to in her bed which makes it very difficult to get anything done! It’s certainly not been easy as we have to constantly keep an eye on her, especially as she is toilet training and there are naturally little accidents! I would be lying if I said she wasn’t a lot of effort and in these early stages she makes life a lot more awkward but we wouldn’t change our decision for the world as she is already a huge part of our little family.
As a side note, you may have noticed there was no Wednesday post. This is because I have decided that from now on, I will (mostly) be doing one post per week. Since I have moved into my new home, I’ve had a whole loads of new responsibilities that come with that, such as cleaning and cooking alongside working a full time job, freelancing and trying to squeeze in a social life. Add to that a new puppy, my life is pretty hectic. I didn’t want to get a point where I was putting up posts just for the sake of being able to have two a week so have decided for now, one is better for my life. Not to mention the fact I don’t actually have internet in my home yet (getting it is a lot harder than you think!) which means the likes of promoting my blog post is quite difficult! For me, I always want my blog to be about quality over quantity and I will continue to strive for posts that I am proud to put up on Musings & More.
Well that’s the big old update for you! I hope you’ve enjoyed this different type of post and meeting little Luna. In the comments below, I’d love you to tell me about any pets you have or would like to have! See you on Sunday!