These yummy bites are deliciously devilish – packed full of nuts, caramel, biscuits and chocolate, what’s not to like? It’s also a really simple recipe to do and you can easily swap ingredients to other choices you might want to try like coconut or peanut butter.
You will need:
450g digestive biscuits
5 regular size mars bar
70g salted peanuts
150g of castor sugar
1 tablespoon of golden syrup 300ml of double cream
250g milk chocolate
50g white chocolate[makes 30, depending on size you cut]
1. Line a 27cm x 20cm tin (or any you have close to that!) with greaseproof paper.
2. Crush the 450g of digestive biscuits in a tied up poly bag before emptying into a large bowl.
3. Cut the Mars bars into chunks as big as you wish. Add the Mars bar chunks and 70g of peanuts into the bowl of digestives and stir them through.
4. Put the sugar, syrup, milk chocolate and cream into another bowl before resting it over a pan of simmering water. Be careful that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water.
5. Once the mixture is smooth and the chocolate has fully dissolved, take the bowl off the heat and leave it to cool for five minutes.
6. Add the chocolatey mixture to the bowl of digestives, mars bars pieces and peanuts, stiring it all together until combined.
7. Pour the contents into your baking tray, spreading it out as evenly as you can.
8. Melt the white chocolate in your microwave before drizzling this over the top of your bites in whichever way you please!
9. Pop your tray into the fridge for 2-3 hours then remove, lift out the greaseproof paper and cut into squares.